Our Shuttlewagon Railcar Mover Selection
Examples of the various models from Shuttlewagon for sale at Thompson Lift Truck include:
- SWX315: This “entry-level member of the Shuttlewagon Commander Series delivers 27,000 pounds of tractive effort from one coupler. The robust 6-cylinder Tier 4 Final engine generates substantial moving power, while the 180-degree rotating contacting console provides excellent maneuverability.
- SWX525: The largest of all the railcar movers in the commander series, the SWX525 can produce 35,000 pounds of tractive effort from one coupler. The full-width cab offers 360 degrees of visibility for enhanced performance and safety. Other prominent features include a zero-maintenance air compressor, 90-gallon fuel capacity, and direct, non-weight transfer couplers.
- NVX5025: The NVX5025 is part of the Shuttlewagon Navigator Series that can move up to 40 fully loaded railcars. You’ll get the ideal combination of power, versatility, and dependability. This model delivers up to 38,000 pounds of tractive effort from one coupler. The push-button electronic shifting makes the mover easy to operate.
Experience All the Benefits of Shuttlewagon Railcar Movers
Railcar movers give you a more cost-effective solution than purchasing a switcher locomotive. They’re also less expensive and more convenient than hiring a railroad operator to transport your railcars. Because they have wheels, these movers don’t require tracks, making them faster and more versatile than when moving cars manually.
When you choose Shuttlewagon railcar movers, you also get:
- Direct, locomotive-like coupling that makes the process easier.
- Consistent results when moving loaded or empty railcars.
- Simplified lifting of cars on and off the tracks to save time and eliminate hassles.
- Lower maintenance and ownership costs resulting from superior design and construction.
- Pinpoint accuracy that eliminates concerns about raising railcars too high.