Benefits of Used Electric Forklifts
Aside from having a greener approach than combustion engines, used electric forklifts from our top manufacturers also feature improvements in the areas of price point, ease-of-use and maintenance practices. Used electric forklifts from Thompson Lift Truck offer the following benefits to warehouses and industrial facilities:
- No fuel storage: A huge benefit to electric forklifts is not having to refuel. Machinery easily attaches to charging stations for regular or occasional use.
- No emissions: Run as many electric forklifts as you like. Workers are not in danger of carbon dioxide emissions when operating forklifts in small areas.
- Lower maintenance costs: Electric forklifts from Thompson Lift Truck feature fewer moving parts compared to models that need fuel. With no engine combustion, there is no need for changing oil filters, radiator fluid, transmission parts and more.
- Low noise: Electric forklifts operate much more quietly than diesel, gas and propane models. This keeps your warehouse facility safer, since warning horns, back-up sounds and vocal commands can be heard more easily.
- Visibility: Forklift models that run off a battery are more compact in size. Workers can see outside the vehicle with fewer blind spots. Some designs even allow for a smaller turning radius.
While electric forklifts are an excellent option for business owners looking to improve their material handling processes, electric forklifts do still require proper care for long-term results. We recommend purchasing additional batteries for these forklifts to reduce any downtime between charges.
If you are unable to decide on a forklift design, Thompson Lift Truck professionals will steer you in the right direction.